Eligibility Criteria/Cut-off for Admissions 2022
In 1959, Maulana Azad Medical College came into existence. It is a public medical college affiliated with Delhi University. It is one of the prestigious medical colleges in India. Also, MAMC is the most ranked college in many surveys. In NIRF 2020 Rankings, MAMC has bagged 17th rank among Top Medical Colleges. In the 2020 India Today Rankings, it has secured 3rd rank among Best Medical Colleges in India. Currently, MAMC offers MBBS at the UG level and MD, MS at the PG level. Here, admissions are strictly based on the student's score obtained in the exams, followed by counseling. MCI approves all the courses offered by MAMC. The college's vision is to provide excellent education with rigorous training under the guidance of the highest caliber faculty. At MAMC, there are 426 faculty and 810 resident doctors to train students.
- MAMC offers admission in MBBS at the UG level. The annual intake of MBBS is 250 seats. The duration of the program is five years six months.
- Students who have passed in 12th with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks can look for MBBS admission at MAMC. There will be a 5% of relaxation for SC/ST as per government norms.
- Selection for MBBS at MAMC is purely based on NEET Valid score. Students have to register online by visiting the NTA website to take up the NEET exam.
- Students must execute well in NEET and secure a good score equal to the MAMC MBBS Cut off criteria defined by the college.
- Based on the NEET rank, students have to attend counseling. To participate in the counseling, one must register online through the MCC website.
- In the NEET counseling phase, candidates have to fill their choices of preferences regarding college and course. Suppose you want to secure an MBBS seat at MAAC if you need to choose this college in the option entry form. You are eligible to reserve a seat only if you meet the cut off criteria.
- After that, seat allocation takes place based on NEET merit rank, availability of seats, and choice of preferences.
- MAMC offers admission to the MD and MS. MAMC reserves 153 seats for MD and MS at the PG level.
- Students who have completed UG degree MBBS with a 1-year rotating internship can seek MD or MS admission at MAMC. Students need to obtain a minimum of 55% at the UG level. In the case of SC/ST, they can get 50%.
- Students have to appear for NEET PG Entrance Exam to secure admission for PG Medical Courses. Based on the merit rank, students can register for the counseling session. Through this counseling, the seat allotment procedure takes place.
- MAMC also offers a PG diploma in seven medical streams. The course gets complete in three years. MBBS graduates with 55% marks can apply for PG diploma admission at MAMC. Selection is strictly based on NEET PG Rank.
- Apart from UG & PG courses, MAMC offers M. Ch at the Post-doctoral level. (Paediatric Surgery Stream) The duration of the course is three years.
- Any students who have completed PG medical courses MD/MS with a minimum passing mark can apply for admission to the M. Ch at MAMC.
- Admission to the M. Ch course depends on rank obtained in NEET SS Entrance Exam.
- At first, students have to register online by visiting the website of Delhi University. After registration, students will be able to fill MAMC application form.
- Applicants need to visit the admission office of MAMC to collect forms. Fill in all the details in the application form and submit it.
Class of 2021
I wrote the NEET first and then got the result. This college had released the minimum cut-off marks for reference and many other colleges had also released their cut-off marks. Maulana Azad Medical College Cut-off marks in the NEET will have its opening rank from the 1 and closing rank will 22 usually for the general category students. MAMC admission process will be carried out to students who have actually met the minimum cut-off marks in the NEET or else the admission won’t be provided in this institute. Since this is a government college no private quota. Then for the MAMC application form fee was there because we had to purchase the application form.