Joint Lateral Entrance Examination [JLEE]
About Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE)
Joint Lateral Entrance Examination in the state of Assam is conducted in order to invite applications for admissions into B.E. course. The diploma candidates who are eligible to study the B.E. course can apply for this entrance examination. All the qualified students in this examination will be offered admissions in the following colleges:
Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat
Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
Recognized Diploma of Minimum 3 years duration from Polytechnic Institutions of Assam under State Council of Technical Education (SCTE)
A minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) must be scored in the Qualifying Polytechnic Examination
Candidate must be a Permanent resident of Assam
Candidates appearing in their final examination may also apply but they must have to produce their Original Mark sheet along with Pass Certificate of the Final Diploma on the day of Admission
• Candidates are required to apply for Assam JLEE through online mode and following is the process: www.dteassam.in
• Candidates who wish to apply through online need to first register in the site there after login credentials will be sent to their mobile or email-id.
• Then login and start filling the application form without making any of the mistakes.
• Then upload the scanned photograph as well as signature in the JPEG format only also the size should not exceed 100kb.
• Verify all the details and carefully submit the application form because no changes in the form are allowed after submitting the form.
• After submission of the form, candidates are required to take the printout of the form and send the hard copy along with DD, through registered or speed post to
The Directorate of Technical Education,
Kahilipara and Guwahati-781019
• Candidates are required to send in the envelope in the cover written as “Joint Lateral Entrance Examination along with the application number, which is received while filling the form
Total 100 questions will be given in the exam
Each question carries 4 marks
One mark will be deducted for one wrong answer.
Questions will be given from below subjects
Branch of Engineering
Time duration given for the exam is 3hours.
Schedule of the Exam:
Application available – from 2nd week of April to 2nd week of May
Exam date – June
Examination Fee for JLEE will be Rs.1000/- (One thousand only) which will have to deposited through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Director, Technical Education, Assam” payable at State bank of India, Kahilipara Branch, Guwahati